Thursday, February 6, 2014

Kayla, 18x20 Pastel Life Drawing

NFS

There is nothing better for an artist than drawing from life, but it is hard for me to squeeze that in, what with daily painting commitments and some other big projects (shiny objects) I am chasing. I am taking a monthly class from Stephen Perkins, an internationally known sculptor. We are so fortunate to have him here to share with us at our Artists Guild. The above drawing was to give me some practice between his classes.

I suppose I will never be one of those "known for" artists, as in "she's known for her..." still lifes, or landscapes, or whatever. Some people paint the same thing over and over and over (I call it Kinkading), but my inspiration fizzles if I am too repetitious. That's why my Etsy shop has oils, collages, zentangles, and abstracts. Of course, oils are my first love.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely Carmen. You are blessed with so many talents. I know you work hard too. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete