Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Does Zen Roses, 5x7 Pen and Ink Drawing


I guess I got tired of round roses. This is a Pen-and-Ink Zentangle drawing. matted in an 8x10 mat. People frequently say, "Painting must be so relaxing for you artists." Really? Well, it sure can make me tired, depending upon how complicated, elusive, or aggravating the subject. I must say, however, that when it goes well I get that artist's high that means I really like what I've done. Zentangle drawings are the truly relaxing forms of art for me. I can be as fanciful as I wish and it's like a form of meditation. It's even better than those trays of sand with little rakes in them. 

1 comment:

  1. Love this Carmen, you and zentangle make beautiful music together! I'd love to receive these roses....very special.

    ReplyDelete