Wednesday, October 22, 2014

House on the Beach, 8x6 Oil Painting on Canvas Panel



This is a red-letter day. I finally painted a painting, after three weeks of being unable to do so. Oh, Happy Day! I painted this from an iPhone photo my husband took while we were out for my therapeutic walk. The sun was setting behind us, giving the house an interesting color and tinting the clouds a bit. I've been thinking about that light for days, and finally felt up to painting it.

I got my copy of Carol Marine's book about Daily Painting, and it is even better than I expected. It is full of info about how to be a Daily Painter, and she includes her materials, tools, habits, and so much more. You can just feel her energy coming through the pages. It's beautifully written and beautifully printed, and I am so happy to have my little zentangle in it! Check it out at Amazon by clicking here.

1 comment:

  1. It is so wonderful to see that you are painting again Carmen and you choose such an intersting subject to start with. Great job and welcome back

    ReplyDelete