Sunday, October 19, 2014

Paintangle, 5x7 Pen and Ink Zentangle-Inspired Drawing


Since my surgery I have been trying to be inspired to do something artistic, yet nothing came to me. Then I realized that most thoughts have been about pain, so I decided to draw my perception of pain. It's jagged, it has little bursts now and then, it's sharp and pointy, and it's not pretty. I am not whining, because I feel I am doing very well and getting better each day. Over and over in my head Carly Simon is singing, "I Haven't Got Time for the Pain..."

I haven't put a price on my pain drawing, because who would want it? I don't even want it. Perhaps we shall have a ceremonial burning when the pain wears itself out.

Carmen

3 comments:

  1. Oh Carmen, what a smart thing to do. I painted my pain too in a watercolor. It's a very personal work of art, isn't it. I think you expressed your pain beautifully. I'm hoping that you feel better soon. My pain doesn't ever go away but surgical pain should soon. I will keep you in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. I have painted my pain as well. I think there is an exhibit in the making. Ouch sharp and jagged. So sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you evr looked at the amazing paintings Frida Carlo. Painted She lived with extreme pain and painted it very expressively..
    Maybe you should not burn yours. Tuck it awy somewhere and look at it again when you are free from pain. Blessings

    ReplyDelete