Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Honeycrisp, 2x2 Original Oil on Canvas, Still Life Apple Painting



So I guess we'll be having Waldorf Salad this weekend. I have also discovered that a sandwich made of sliced apple, cream cheese and walnuts is quite good. The 905 Cafe in Melbourne, Florida has a delicious Walnut Brie Apple Melt, which gave me the idea.

I'm going to take a break from painting for a bit and start decluttering my house based on some of the principles in The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo. I'm starting with my art supplies. I must learn to be ruthless, and know that I don't need that many magazines for my collages, or those old worn brushes or those plastic containers or those paintings I should have scraped...I know you artists can relate. After all, when I need some odd thing I can't find it anyway among the other odd things. Ms Kondo says to only keep things that spark joy, and that's what I'm going for.

Carmen

2 comments:

  1. Nice work, has color, volume and good drawing.
    Congratulations.
    Best regards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I've heard cleaning up and cleaning out is good for the soul. I do it often.
    I love how you painted the apple with it's irregular shape and all. Not just another pretty circle painted to look like an apple. You have a great eye. All your apples are a fine bunch.Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete