Thursday, July 30, 2015

Wanderer, 5x7 Abstract Collage on Paper, Matted to 8x10



This abstract is made of watercolor paint and torn textured paper, affixed to watercolor paper. It is matted in an 8x10 mat, below.


My abstracts are few and far between, but, like Zentangles, they are very relaxing and fun to do. Right now I am working on a seascape that has some problems to be worked out. Sometimes the emotional side of art gets in the way of the technical side and I have to step away, analyze, and think for a while. In nature, the sky may be beautiful, the waves impressive, and the water a brilliant color, but if I can't make it all hang together in harmony, I haven't got a painting. So...back to my thinking.

Carmen   

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting one Carmen. When I saw it I thought it was like two parts, "during and after the storm". That chaos transitioned into peacefulness. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete