Thursday, December 24, 2015

Italian Girl With Flowers, 11x14 Oil on Canvas, after Sorolla


Sold

I've had no time for painting this week, so I am posting a throwback to 2008, when our painting group, Pieces of Eight, decided to copy Impressionist masters as a learning exercise. I love Sorolla, so I copied one of my favorites, with the above result. Below is the original by Sorolla.


I also copied John Singer Sargent, the master portrait artist. The best thing I've ever done is team up with seven women with the same passion for painting that I have. It has been such an enriching experience in so many ways, and I have learned so much. 

This is the time of year for reflection and for determining where I want to go with my art. My big immediate goal is to paint for my show in Middleburg, Virginia in the Spring, and I look forward to painting some larger paintings for a change. 

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a fabulous New Year,


No comments:

Post a Comment