Sunday, December 6, 2009

Oh Happy Day!



This is my Good News post. Yesterday the Pieces of 8 were one of the studios on the Winter Studio Tour, and though the weather was miserable and rainy, we had people coming all day, and lots of sales. It was great fun. I can't believe how prolific our group has been this year, and there were many wonderful paintings to choose from. I'm so proud of my Sisters in Paint!

In other good news, my painting, "The Graduate," won an Award of Excellence at the Florida State Association of the National League of American Pen Women in Sarasota. Besides that excitement, when I went to the Sarasota Art Center where my painting was exhibited, I found a Dean Mitchell watercolor exhibit there also, so I got to see the great painter's work up close. I've been an admirer of that wonderful Florida artist for many years. It was a good day all round.

No comments:

Post a Comment