Saturday, March 19, 2011

Am I Blue, 6x6

I really like this blue glass cup. I want to paint it with various other subjects.

I started my day today with weeding. Who decides what plants are weeds? I have some really lovely ground cover that is designated as weeds by...I don't know, the Weed Designation Committee? My father used to consider Periwinkles weeds, yet I see them in the garden shop for sale. Some people here have Xeriscaped yards, with no lawn, just native plants. Another word that could be used to describe Xeriscape: weeds. Some of Florida's native plants are quite nice, but put too many together in a Xeriscape and what do you have? Weeds. Just ask the Weed Designation Committee.
SOLD

3 comments:

  1. That glass cup looks like fun to paint, Carmen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on this clear blue glass...not an easy thing to do! Love the way the blue cast glows on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blue! But it looks cheery... not blue.

    Ha! My husband weeded recently and yanked out my morning glories and left the weeds! There definitely was a difference there.

    ReplyDelete