Saturday, March 23, 2013

Everglades Sunrise, 6x6 Oil on Canvas

I left my warm and cozy cot with sleeping bag, blankets, and jackets, to go look at the sunrise. It was worth it. The birds loudly proclaim the morning, as do the rich colors. I forgot to even notice where the alligator might be lurking, the one we saw in the lake the day before.

There is a fine line between not being at all scared of alligators and being too scared of them. Stay fifteen feet away, the rangers advise. Don't crouch down and look small and edible. This is very good advice.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Carmen, I love the colors and I am glad you didn't see an alligator or should I say I am glad an alligator didn't see YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning with great colours. Love the dark foreground with some blue showing through. A masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete