Monday, March 11, 2013

Ibis Wading, 6x6 Oil on Canvas

I am definitely losing it. As I was finishing this up, I had a feeling of familiarity. I then realized I have painted this very picture before. Then I meant to post it before leaving for the Everglades, but I didn't. I definitely needed the getaway.
Mating Dance of the Alligator
 My Pieces of 8 friends Cindy, Kathy and I (referred to by Cindy as Thelma, Louise 1 and Louise 2) went camping in a tent in the Everglades. No electricity. And yes, it is cold at night down there, believe it or not. Perfect in the daytime, though, and it is a non-mosquito season. I never saw so many alligators, and it is mating season so the booming and posturing were very impressive, rather like a reptilian singles bar.
Home Sweet Home


Cindy Photographing Kathy Photographing Tree Snail
It's a jungle out there. I will now be doing an Everglades series.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool painting though. Yes I love the Thelma and Louise girlfriend theme. Makes me smile as does your camping trip story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, at first glance i thought the gator had lanched onto an unsespecting bird and the last photo I thought the lady was shooting some kind of spray up into the trees lol.

    Wow glad there were know mosquitos. Sounds like you had some fun Carmen.

    ~Randall

    ReplyDelete