Saturday, June 7, 2014

Poinciana, 6x6 Oil Painting on Canvas Panel

$99, Click to Purchase

I just love this road, especially the Poinciana tree, which makes a canopy. It will be beautiful when all the petals fall and make a red carpet too.

I am adding to my list of unjust things we should not put up with.

3. The rule about not ending sentences in a preposition, as in "not put up with." The English language is being mangled and new words from pop culture are added to the dictionary every year, so the preposition rule seems quite outdated. I do hate the question "Where is he at?" though. It almost deserves to be #4 on my list, it irritates me that much.

In the new vernacular, a conversation might be:

" 'Sup?"

 "We are going glamping on our vacay."

"Where at?"

1 comment:

  1. LOL, then you must also hate "prolly" for probably.........we think it's funny that people have made a language out of not knowing how to correctly speak the language. Did I say that correctly? I just don't know anymore. By the way, I love your painting. :)

    ReplyDelete